EraBux (erabux.com) - SCAM
Pays Per Ad
Min To Cashout
Wait Time $
$0.01 - $0.001
You can only make
purchases with AP
Number of Ads
After Inactivity ?
5 Ads +/-
50 Direct Limit
| 30 DAYS|
Site has been down for over 7 days with no update. Also before the site went down we have seen people complaining about long payment wait times. Site will be moved to the Scam List.
Review / Site History
EraBux is a new "bux" site that has recently launched and will be moved from the Ongoing Investigations List to the Watch List. Owner is acting suspicious and acting very unprofessional on other open forums. . We would highly recommend that you
test the site fully before investing into it. See "cons" for more info. Here are the pros and cons of this site:
1. Forum - This site does have a forum. Forums are great for communication between members and staff. Members can post payment proofs, get support, and stay up to date on changes made to the site. You can find their forum here:
2. Paying - They are paying and payment proofs can be found on the forum and throughout the web. Here are a few places where you can view these proofs: http://www.emoneyspace.com/forum/index.php http://www.erabux.com/forum.php?board=4
3. All Countries Accepted - So far there are no restrictions and all can join and earn from this site. Will update if this changes.
4. Decent Direct Referral Limits
- Currently standards can have up to 50 direct referrals. Great for promoters and those that can earn their own referrals.
5. SSL Secure -
Extra added layer of security to help secure your data.More Info6. DDoS Protection -
Site claims it is protected from DDoS attacks (more info
Which is a big threat to PTC sites. Such protection can be very
expensive but these days it is needed to protect the site from possible
threats and downtime.
Despite this they did have a issue with their protection and lost about a days worth of data due to this failure:http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9182/erabuxddos.jpg
1. Fake Names - The main owner is creating fake names and lying about who is the actual owner of this site. First it was "Mike Thomson" from Australia and someone by the name of "Albert". Which the current owner(s) claims they "left". Yet all the payment proofs from the launch to current date are from "Shoaib Ibrahim" of Pakistan. No trace of a Mike or Albert are on the site. Which leave us to believe there is only one person running this site.
Later the actual real owner commented (pretending to be only the "designer") in our comment section below stating that there are only three people running the site. "Farhan" (designer), "Shoaib" (investor). and a "Roney Khan" (a former mod).
What is interesting is that we found a support ticket on EMS where someone contacted EraBux and someone by the name of "Mike Thomson" was claiming to be the admin. But here is the kicker... the errors in the writing style matched "Farhan" (the designer). When "Farhan" types I'm he places an extra space with no apostrophe.
The owner/designer or whoever he wants to call himself, was caught in one too many lies on EMS. Currently he is banned from EMS for 3 days for taunting staff on EMS, profanity, and repeating the same statement over and over again (spamming). Pretty much the same behavior he displayed in our comment section. Not something you want to see from a site owner/staff.
Anyone that makes up lies to cover up who is the owner, is up to no good. He doesn't have faith in his site and he doesn't want his name attached to his own creation. It is not hard to think the reason why he would do this. Scammers make up fake names all the time to hide from members and investors.
As of now there really any connection to a past scam site, however his current actions are very unprofessional and he has proved to be untrustworthy. Which is why this site is now on the Watch List.
See entire discussion on EMS http://www.emoneyspace.com/forum/index.php?topic=166883.0
2. New Site - We do not recommend investing or buying upgrades on new sites. For at least 6 months, if not a year. If you can't wait that long, at least test and get paid first before you decide to invest.
The main reason why we see this as a downside is due to the large number of new sites that go through many sudden changes during their first 6 months. Changes anywhere from rates per click, payment processor issues (paypal limitations), and payment wait times. New sites notorious for changing their terms. Why we do not recommend investing on new sites.
3. A "Bux" Site - This type of ptc has a very high fail rate. Most "bux" sites go scam under 6 months, if not within a year. Most rely on upgrades and rental purchases rather than actual advertisers. A typical "bux" site will show fixed/self-sponsored ads, sell rentals, and have a higher rate per click. This type of business model is not very successful and unsustainable, which is probably why most "bux" sites fail.
4. Whois Private - Hidden ownership.
Some Things You Should Know About This Site...
- Must post payment proof in order to be paid again.
- Avg Daily Earnings w/out referrals : $0.022 +/-
- Minimum Cashouts: $2 | $3 | $5 | $7
- Script: PTC Evolution Version 2.0.3
- Site Created: June 11, 2011 Launched: July 19, 2011
- January 10, 2012
- Site still down. Moved to Scam List
- January 3, 2012
- October 2, 2011
- Payment wait times changes from 72hrs to 25 business days for standards.
- September 22, 2011
- Moved to Watch List due to suspicious activity
- September 20, 2011
- Full Review completed and site added to the Ongoing Investigations List
- August 9, 2011
- PayPal disabled due to limitation.
EraBux is not online or paying. Site will be moved from the Watch List to the Scam List.
would like to share their experience that they had with this site,
whether it is good or bad, feel free to do so in our comment section at
the end of this review.
Please note, the information in the review was posted at the time
and date from above. If the site changes its policies, please kindly
let us know in the comment section and we will update or change the
incorrect information as soon as we can. Reviews are done from a Standard' member and not from Upgraded. Refer to site for info and stats about upgraded member's perks.