PalmBux (palmbux.com) - SCAM
Under New Ownership Dated: Sept 11, 2010 - April 2011 (See old review of PalmBux HERE)
Site no longer and down for over 7 days without any update or news. Site moved to the Scam List for abandonment.
After many requests we are reviewing this site again, yes again. For those of you that are unaware, palmbux has a history of paying and scamming. http://ptc-investigation.com/palmbux2009l2010.aspx
The site has had 3 owners. Each owner passing the debt to the next owner. Current staff claim there is about $121,090.89 worth of old debt. Older members who had a balance will find that all their earnings have shifted to a reserve balance which will only be used for renting referrals. You will get 10% of the amount added to your rental balance every month for 1 year.
Naturally everyone is not convinced that this site will return to its former glory. Many will say it is a scam, and it is understandable considering palmbux's past. Since the site has a lot of negative feedback and has bad history we are moving them to the "Not Recommended List". We are not calling them a scam, but the site is very hard to promote or use. See cons for combined reasons why we are not recommending PalmBux.
Here are the pros and cons of this site:
1. Forum - This site does have a forum. Forums are great for communication between members and staff. Members can post payment proofs, get support, and stay updated on changes made to the site. You can find their forum here:
2. Paying - They are paying and payment proofs can be found on the forum and throughout the web. Here are a few places where you can view these proofs: https://palmbuxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=62 http://www.earnmoneyspace.com/forum/index.php http://www.talkptc.com/index.php?topic=5273.15
3. Secondary Password -
You have the option of creating a secondary password to protect your account. Which is highly recommended that you use this option.
4. All Countries Accepted - So far there are no restrictions and all can join and earn from this site. Will update if this changes.
1. Bad History - As stated before, this site has had a bad history. A once paying site that turned into a scam. Site is now on its 3rd owner!!
2. Debt -
The site will not be paying off old debt. The old balance that you had will only be used toward your rental balance. Owner claims he can't be held responsible for the previous admin's actions. Of course this is a big problem with many ptc sites that are sold and the debt is passed on to the next owner.
3. Negative Feedback and Complaints - Not too many are convinced that this site will last and the site has a lot of negative feedback which makes this site controversial. You can read these discussions at these places:
4. Problems Cashing Out - It appears that the site has changed the cashout rules. It was instant after you are verified. Now you must be verified each time before cashing out. Upgraded members can cashout instantly but at any time the site may make you go through verification, again. This does not sit well with some users, they feel the site takes advantage of this and will hold their payments when they feel like it.
5. Site No Longer - Down for over 7 days without notice.
Some Things You Should Know About This Site...
- Avg Daily Earnings w/out referrals : $0.026 +/-
- Ads refresh Time: 12am (UTC/GMT -6 hours)
- $0.05 to delete each direct referral.
- The minimum cashout is $2 for standard and $2 for premium members. After the first cashout the cashout increases to $4 then $6 until $8
- Site Created: Dec 26, 2008 Launched (3rd time) September 24, 2010
- (Second Time) : April 30, 2011
In our opinion, we do not see why someone would buy a site that has scammed and has a large amount of debt. Sites with a bad reputation will be harder to promote and refer others. Those who have lost a lot from this site will not use or endorse it again. So trying to revive this site would be like trying to bring back the dead. Only the "die hard" fans of this site will try to endorse and convince others to use and join this site.
There is also, talk about the new owner and how he is known to buy and sell off sites. Site is no longer and will be moved to the Scam List.
would like to share their experience that they had with this site,
whether it is good or bad, feel free to do so in our comment section at
the end of this review.
Please note, the information in the review was posted at the time and date from above. If the site changes its policies, please kindly let us know in the comment section and we will update or change the incorrect information as soon as we can.